I’ve asked my friend and professional strength coach, Brandon Smith to provide some “rules” of Nutrition for Baseball players.
Here are 14 Nutrition tips to make you “Conditioned To Hit”
1. Eat Every 3-4 hours
2. Eat protein with every meal (when possible)
3. Consume Quality Whey Isolate Protein
4. Include essential fats with every meal
5. Eat higher quality foods
6. Try to plan meals ahead of time
7. Take in PLEANTY of WATER
8. Stay in a Positive frame of mind
9. Take your 90 essential nutrients everyday
10. Take enzymes, probiotics and phytonutrients
11. Get Vitamin D & Calcium
12. Consume foods high in Antioxidents and high ORAC score
13. Stay away from Genetically Modified Food (corn is about 90% modified)
14. AVOID FAST FOOD!
Remember, a dangerous hitter is Conditioned to Hit in all phases of the game, including nutrition and recovery. Please leave a comment if you have questions regarding any of these guide lines!
Mike “The HitMan” Easler